Saturday, September 09, 2006

My strange attraction to a particular sort of facial hair

I have never been a fan of facial hair on men, but I have recently developed a strange fascination for a particular type of moustache. It is all this man's fault...


At first I thought, ''that man would be quite attractive without that moustache.'

Now I think, 'that man is really very attractive because of his moustache.'

It has to be a very full moustache which curves around the mouth. Here are some other examples.


and even, though I am ashamed to admit it...


I wonder if this is yet another symptom of becoming middle aged, along with having horrible things happen to my feet and talking to myself.

Perhaps I am turning into a gay man at this late stage in the day.

Does anyone else have this problem? Let me know.

13 comments:

Zig said...

NO! blah - although 007 looks nice even with that facial atrocity and silly hat

hmmmm?

Perhaps I have bypassed that stage and gone straight on to answering myself back

Zig said...

yes that's probably true

Anonymous said...

Yes I have been partial to "Earl" for some time and have formed the conclusion that it's because of rather than despite his 'tache. I believe the name for this type of facial hair is a gaucho moustache but I could be completely wrong.

Anonymous said...

Jason Lee has been a love of mine for around 9 years ever since I saw him in Mallrats. I quite like facial hair on men but I prefer him without the 'tache.

However I recently found out that he is a scientologist. This dissapointed me greatly.

realdoc said...

Scientologist eh that's put me off now.

bloggin the Question said...

I've always liked a moustachioed man, (though perhaps more like errol flynn) and until now I have felt very very alone.

herschelian said...

"Kissing a man who has no moustache is like eating an egg without salt."

Old Spanish proverb.

Have you talked this attraction over with Mr Realdoc?

Molly Bloom said...

I'm afraid I don't really like moustaches...but I do love Lee Majors..and people always mock me for that.

realdoc said...

Herschelian: Mr Realdoc is not moustachioed (sp?) and sadly has not been persuaded to grow what I now now is a gaucho. He says its because people may mistake him for Dr. Alan Statham but as he is a ping pong fan and a radiologist I feel the moustahe is immaterial.
Molly: I'm with you on Lee Majors, something about that nose.

Billy said...

I don't think Jason Lee had the muzzer pre: Earl.

I've tried to grow all kinds of facial hair but it looks rubbish on me. The only interesting thing is the ginger flecks.

Spinsterella said...

Moustache?

Oh dear God, that's not good.

(Although it does depend on the man. I loathe goatees, but I have a huge crush on a guy I know who has one, and I kind-of like his...)

Anonymous said...

Noooo. Am devastated to learn that Jason Lee is a scientologist. Can it be true? I thought scientologists had their sense of humour surgically removed at birth and surely Kevin Smith and Jay and the other cool mallrats/clerks/dogma people wouldn't let him be in their gang if he was conversing with the aliens. Make's Mr TME's lapsed catholicism very reassuring.

Anonymous said...

Nothing about a full set then?