Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm going to a convention....


Well, it's going to be an exciting weekend. I am heading to London for the Green Wing convention. I have never been to a convention before and so I'm not quite sure what to expect.* Hopefully I will meet some of you there but I have been instructed that I am unable to give details of the venue etc in case we become targets for international espionage or something.


If you see a bewildered middle-aged woman wandering around clutching a yoyo and a packet of hulahoops, but NOT dressed in scrubs with stethoscope accessories, that will be me. Send me an email and I will let you know, roughly, which part of London I'll be in.


*Word on the street is that there may be quite a lot of people with wastepaper baskets stapled to their heads, this remains to be seen.



P.S. All this time I thought messing around on the internet was just time wasting. Little did I know I was developing my soul. The cybergeek will inherit the earth, apparently.


15 comments:

Dave said...

Green Wing has finished. It's over. Let it go.

Whilst you're on the mainland, you may see me flash past in my new car. Feel free to wave.

rockmother said...

I really must watch Green Wing one day and find out what all the furore is about. Maybe see you Sat re: Billy's plan.

Valerie Polichar said...

I'm envious!

At least, I think I am. I have been to an SF convention, a comic convention, and, by accident when I was quite young, a Dark Shadows convention. I was .. nonplused by my fellow attendees, and not as lured by the offerings as I thought I'd be.

Then again, I'm not a joiner.

Then again, Rhind-Tutt, and Heap, really, are hotties.

Then again..
Have a great time!

Mangonel said...

I've been lying awake all night thinking of an elegant way to phrase this, and failing miserably. So - AAAAAARGH! AOOOOOUW! TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES AND POST THEMMMMMMM!

herschelian said...

I used to know someone who went to Star Trek conventions - if Green Wing conventions are similar, all I can say is either you are a totally dedicated fan, or be afraid, very afraid. I'm in North London (but fairly central) so if you fancy a coffee or something stronger.....

rockmother said...

Are you going in your scrubs? See you at The Dove hopefully. Have a safe trip.

violet said...

I didn't know anything about the convention and am quite ashamed. Speaking of slightly geeky obsession though, a friend directed me to this. Clearly King's College have a very lax assessment schedule this term.

rockmother said...

Oh fek - I missed you by all of 5 mins.

Fek arse xx

Annie said...

Gutted to have missed you - AGAIN. It was the fault of the bloody Central Line.

Hope you had fun at the convention...

GreatSheElephant said...

I missed you because I'm a fool who couldn't find a way to cross the Great Western road. Now I'm stupid and disappointed.

the whales said...

I missed you as well because I didn't get out of the house on time...

patroclus said...

Well I met you, and it was great!

llewtrah said...

And I met you, which was also great. I hope you got to the convention on time.

realdoc said...

Yes I met billy and lewtrah and patroclus and blue cat and marsha klein and pashmina and survived. Very sorry I missed the others but I couldn't pass up the chance to see Steven Mangan playing guyball with a bunch of women with bins on their heads in the middle of a roundabout. Full report on next post.

llewtrah said...

Looking forward to that post! I got "geek points" for going to some sci-fi and roleplay games conventions ... having won tickets by doing quizzes. That was in pre-web-search-engine days, hence making me geekier than those who bought tickets, because it meant I was obsessive enough to know the answers.